Commonly Asked Questions About LipoFoam
Everything you need to know about Lipofoam
After liposuction, you will need to rest and take it easy. ContourMD makes it easy to recover in comfort using our American Made surgeon-recommended lipo foam. Liposuction Foam gives uniform smooth compression over a suctioned area.
It is ideal for arms, chins, abdomen, thighs or any area uniform healing is necessary. Below are commonly asked questions about lipo foam and how to use it.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Is Lipo foam safe to use?Absolutely! Our ContourMD Lipo Foam is surgeon recommended, considered the best in the industry, made in America. So you can rest assured knowing you’re supporting a local company and are receiving the best quality product possible.
- Does liposuction foam contain latex or other known allergens?High-quality liposuction foam does not contain latex. ContourMD’s lipo foam is hypoallergenic. It’s made in America to ensure quality and supply chain integrity.
- What is the Purpose of Liposuction Foam?Wrap around lip foam aids in liposuction recovery by placing smooth, even pressure over the freshly suctioned area. This compression helps to reduce fluid retention, skin folding, postoperative swelling, bruising, and scarring during liposuction recovery. It helps shape the final result and provides comfort during the liposuction recovery process. Lipo foam sheets can also support compression garments by preventing them from creasing.
- What is Lipo Foam Used For?Lipo foam pads are a liposuction recovery compression sheet made of medical-grade foam. It provides smooth, uniform pressure over the liposuctioned area. 360 Lipo Foam comes in many different sizes and shapes. We sell it as 8 x 11 in sheets, or specially shaped boards, or 10ft rolls for wholesalers.
- When should I wear liposuction foam?One of the most commonly asked questions about lipofoam is”When should I wear lipofoam?” Patients should wear lipo foam after any liposuction procedure. This includes minor spot liposuction procedures, such as the chin or arm lipo. Liposuction foam should be worn, in combination with your faja garment, after more complex procedures, like the Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.
- How do I know which products are suitable for me?Before surgery, your plastic surgeon will explain the recovery process and recommend the necessary recovery garments and accessories. We outline the three phases of recovery on our website here. Wearing compression garments is crucial to your recovery and achieving your desired aesthetic look post-surgery. Lipo Foam can be worn with these garments and provides soothing comfort and uniform compression throughout your recovery process. You should look into lipo board cs lipo foam. Lipo Foam is considered a body shaper and compression garment, so it provides uniform compression comfort to aid in your recovery while keeping you as comfortable as possible.
- Do You Have to Wear Lipo foam after Liposuction?Lipo foam makes liposuction recovery easier, safer, and more comfortable. But it isn’t necessarily required. Not all surgeons use it. Some surgeons use compression garments without added foam support. If you’d prefer the comfort and benefits of lipo foam, you can ask your surgeon to have it included in your liposuction recovery plan.
- What kind of surgeries require lipo foam?Patients and Surgeons should use lipo foam with all liposuction surgeries and procedures. Positive Patient results can improve even minor outpatient lipo results with the fat dispersing effects of foam compression.
- What are the benefits of wearing wrap around foam lipo?Lipo foam benefits. Liposuction foam improves the comfort of your recovery process, and it makes your recovery safer by reducing fluid retention, swelling, and bruising. Lipo foam also helps fat disperse and molds the suctioned area into a specific shape. This dispersion and molding can provide a more aesthetically pleasing final result.
- Where do I start with lipo foam boards?The post-liposuction recovery period is almost as important as the surgery to achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. ContourMD is here to help you understand the process and why lipo foam is an integral part of recovery. The design of Liposuction compression garments and accessories complement your anatomy. And so we provide comprehensive measurement guides to ensure you’re receiving the right product and size. Lipo foam is a necessary post-procedure accessory, as it is comfortable, contours your body, and provides soothing relief to the skin through its uniform compression technology. Compression garments and accessories like lipo foam speed up healing while providing comfort and reducing the risk of infection.
- Benefits of Using Lipo Foam after LiposuctionAside from recovering in comfort, the benefits of using Lipo Foam include:
- Less Bruising
- Less Swelling
- Less Ecchymosis
- Uniform Compression Over Suctioned Area
- Ideal for arms, chins, abdomen, thighs, or any area where uniform healing is necessary.
- How to Use Lipofoam Sheets?Lipo foam boards, how to use? Lipo foam is easy to use. Insert the foam between a garment and suctioned areas or adhere it to the surface using Hollister Adhesive spray. ContourMD recommends purchasing five or more sheets at a time, so you are not missing any when you need to replace one. When used correctly, lipo foam reduces bruising and makes healing quicker and more comfortable. Typically, you wear Lipo Foam for 2-14 days post liposuction surgery. But always consult directly with your physician for your recommended use. ContourMD’s Lipo Foam is surgeon-recommended and has the highest quality available. These foam sheets are applied directly to the abdomen/suctioned areas and are exceptional for flattening abdominal skin after surgery. Use it with any compression garments at all stages of the recovery process (but stages 1 & 2 are most crucial). How long do you wear lipo foam? Consult with your physician to ensure you are using Lipo Foam correctly and for any recommended techniques or schedules. They will help monitor your post-op recovery status and ensure you are achieving your desired results. It is essential to stay in communication through regular check-ins with your physician or care technician after your surgery.
- How Many Sheets of Lipo foam do you need?We recommend purchasing at least 4-6 sheets of ContourMD Lipo Foam, so you always have one available because you will be using it 24/7.
- How long do you wear foam after liposuction?Lipo Foam can be worn anywhere from 3 days to 4 weeks. It just depends on how long the liposuction recovery process is. Your surgeon will advise you on the proper postoperative care for your procedure, including how long to wear your lipo foam post-op.
- How do I wear or apply liposuction foam?How to wear lipo foam. You wear lipo foam next to your skin but over bandages, surgical padding, or surgical drains. Your compression garments then follow this foam layer. You can apply the lipo foam by placing it directly on the liposuctioned area, then covering it with your compression garment.
- Where do you put liposuction foams?You can wear your compression foam anywhere you’ve had liposuction done. Lipo foam sheets come in many sizes. They can fit any body area: the back, chin, arms, thighs, stomach, buttocks, etc.
- What will happen if I don’t use liposuction foam?You are more likely to experience significant bruising, swelling, and fluid retention if you don’t use lipo foam in your postoperative recovery. You’ll miss the foam’s smoothing effect, which helps your fat cells to distribute evenly. You may also form creases, puckering, wrinkles, or dents in the suctioned area, which will result in a revision of the procedure.
- Is liposuction foam the most effective way to reduce swelling after getting liposuction?Yes. Liposuction foam is the most effective way to reduce swelling post-op recovery, and that’s because it provides a smooth and even compression. Compression garments tend to crease, wrinkle, and dig into the flesh. Using a compression garment without lipo foam is not ideal for surgical recovery. Patients should always wear compression garments combined with their lipo foam underneath the garment in the immediate recovery. Lymph drainage, massage, and walking help reduce swelling, but these can’t be relied on immediately following surgery.
- Can I wear my lipo foam and board in the shower?Some surgery recovery protocols call for patients to shower with their lipo foam on their bodies. These patients will need to dry their foam sheets with a cool blow dryer. Otherwise, patients should gently remove liposuction foam before you shower or bathe. You can then apply a fresh sheet after. You will need to keep your lipo foam on for a certain period before patients can remove it. Your surgeon will advise you when it is safe to remove your compression support initially. If your liposuction recovery protocol calls for showering with your foam on, your surgeon will give you detailed information on how to maintain it.
- Can I wear liposuction foam under a compression garment?Yes. The design and effectiveness of Lipo foam, especially in combination with medical-grade compression garments, will gain maximum results and minimize revisions. Lipo foam will keep your compression wear from bunching up or folding into your skin, and it will also make
- What is better? Wrap around liposuction foam or individual foam boards?This depends on your preference and type of surgery. Your surgeon will evaluate what post-care options are suitable for you during your consultation. Even with a significant BBL surgery, you may not want a 360 wrap-around liposuction foam.
- Will my liposuction foam get dirty?Yes. Lipo foam is intended to be used immediately after surgery and during the initial postoperative liposuction recovery process. Your wounds will still be draining, and your lipo foam will likely get soiled as you heal. Lipofoam is a single-use, disposable product so at ContourMD we recommend purchasing multiple sheets of lipo foam for your recovery process.
- Can I clean or wash my liposuction foam?How to clean lipo foam Washing lipo foam. Patients shouldn’t wash liposuction foam, but it can be spot-cleaned by wiping it down with hydrogen peroxide. Spot clean your liposuction foam sheets as frequently as needed. And always try to avoid soaking the foam in water. It’s a good idea to purchase multiple foam sheets. Doctors and Surgeons recommend keeping your wound areas clean and removing lipo foam if it’s damaged or has bodily fluids on it. Professionals recommend that you discard soiled lipo foam and use a new sheet.
- Can I reuse my liposuction foam?Yes. Patients can reuse your liposuction foam as long as it is in good condition. You should replace it if the foam is torn, dented, warped, or if the surface is broken. Patients should also replace their liposuction foam if they notice less pressure. Otherwise, you can spot clean it as necessary and reuse it.
- Can I wear undergarments under the liposuction foam?No. Your lipo foam should be the closest to your skin, next to your wound care dressings, and your undergarments will go on top of it. Post-liposuction recovery protocols require medical compression undergarments. These need to be worn until your surgeon gives you the all-clear to return to everyday clothing. Can I start wearing liposuction foam a few weeks
- Can I start wearing liposuction foam a few weeks after surgery?You can always start wearing lipo foam when you need it. Since not all surgeons recommend lipo foam, some liposuction patients find themselves recovering with only compression garments, which can be highly uncomfortable and potentially cause a revision in the future. Patients can add lipo Foam to their liposuction recovery protocol at any time.
- Can I wear liposuction foam under a faja or compression garment?Yes. Lipo foam works perfectly under fajas and other specialty compression garments like c-section girdles, post-op girdles, body shapers, cinturillas reductoras colombianas, waist cinchers, waist trainers, and corsets. You can wear lipo foam under any close-fitting garment.
- Will I have to cut the liposuction foam to fit me?Lipofoam sheets come in different shapes and sizes. You can get ones designed for other body areas like the abdomen, breast, chin, etc. You can also get foam sheets in standard or custom sizing. If you buy your foam sheets from a manufacturer that offers comprehensive sizing services, you won’t need to cut your lipofoam.
- How long should I wear liposuction foams after a BBL?After a major surgery like the BBL procedure, you may need to wear foam after lipo for eight weeks. Each surgeon has a different post-op recovery protocol. Some BBL surgeons will advise you to wear lipo foams for only two weeks. Others prefer to be more cautious and advise you wear lipo foams for around two months. During your BBL recovery, you’ll need to wear tight-fitting compression garments like a faja, butt shaper, girdle, or bodysuit. These garments need to be worn for up to six months. You should always wear lipofoam with these garments if they irritate your surgical wound or crease your skin.
- Will wearing liposuction foam reduce my pain after surgery?Yes. Lipofoam should decrease any pain, soreness, or discomfort during your liposuction recovery. The smoothing effect disperses pressure from your compression garments. And the gentle compression keeps your fluids from pooling around the wound. Much of the pain in post-liposuction recovery comes from extensive bruising, swelling, and fluid retention. Wearing a lipo foam sheet will help mitigate these conditions.
- Will wearing liposuction foam prevent me from bruising?Wearing liposuction foam will reduce bruising during your liposuction recovery. Bruising comes with the territory, so there’s no guarantee that it will prevent it altogether. Wearing lipo foam will also reduce your chances of experiencing ecchymosis. Ecchymosis is when your skin discolors due to trauma, and it’s an extensive surface bruise that can be painful to touch.
- Where can I get high quality liposuction foam?You can purchase quality liposuction foam from trustworthy medical manufacturers, such as ContourMD. It’s best to avoid third-party resellers on platforms like eBay, Amazon, or online swaps. Look for a retailer who offers accurate sizing services, provides quality manufacturing assurances, and maintains a solid guarantee. Good online sizing services will ensure you receive a properly fitting lipo foam sheet. Your lipo foam sheet needs to conform closely to your body, and Ill-fitting sheets make the post-liposuction recovery time more uncomfortable than it needs to be. The internet is awash with subpar medical supplies. You can avoid these issues by purchasing from a domestic supplier that maintains a close watch over its supply chain. ContourMD offers American-made post-liposuction compression foam sheets. These lipo sheets are surgeon-recommended and come with an unconditional guarantee against any possible manufacturing defects.
- Is Lipo Foam Necessary?Your surgeon will most likely recommend you wear lipo foams following a liposuction procedure. If you choose not to you are more likely to experience significant bruising, swelling, and fluid retention if you don’t use lipo foam in your postoperative recovery. You’ll miss the foam’s smoothing effect, which helps your fat cells to distribute evenly. You may also form creases, puckering, wrinkles, or dents in the suctioned area, which will result in a revision of the procedure.